VenaSeal™ Closure System
A remarkable treatment paradigm
Dr. Rossi said, “Every once in a while in your medical career, a phenomenal new technology totally changes the way we treat a disease process. We did the first two patients in Pennsylvania last week. I think VenaSeal is going to revolutionize the treatment of vein disease and make it more minimally invasive than it has been in the past.”
How VenaSeal Closure System is unique.
VenaSeal uses a remarkable, proprietary adhesive that stretches as you pull the catheter back within the damaged vein. The operator then compresses the vein for three minutes, basically gluing the vein shut and eliminating the abnormal pathway by which the blood is falling backwards in your legs, pressurizing your veins and causing varicose veins. The vein and the glue are then absorbed by your body and that treats your disease. A small band-aid is then placed on the patient’s leg and they walk out of the office.
VenaSeal Closure System advantages include:
- No need for tumescent anesthesia on the leg
- Provides improved patient comfort
- Rapid return to normal activities
- No multiple needle sticks
- Minimal to no bruising
- Basically no post-procedure pain
- Patients walk out with a band-aid to close a small puncture
- No post-procedure compression stockings
- 99% effective with no incidents of clots
Watch a video interview of Dr. John Rossi on Good Day PA! featuring animation of how VenaSeal Closure System works.