- Did you know that restless legs, burning or itching legs, or a “heavy” feeling in your legs can all be symptoms of vein disease and varicose veins?
- Did you know that Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) may affect up to 10% of the U.S. population? Although it afflicts both sexes, it is more common in women and may begin at any age, even in young children. Most people who are affected severely are middle-aged or older.
- Did you know that recent studies have shown that some people affected by RLS also have a form of venous insufficiency (vein disease) such as varicose veins? Those same studies also showed that treating the varicose veins or spider veins has dramatically reduced or eliminated the symptoms of RLS.
- Anyone suffering from RLS should be screened by a vascular specialist like Dr. David Calcagno or Dr. John Rossi of Calcagno & Rossi Vein Treatment Center for venous insufficiency through ultrasound imaging. If venous insufficiency is found, we would encourage a full review of the risks and benefits of treatment of the veins with the goal of curing the RLS.
- One hypothesis is that venous congestion or high pressures that is often associated with Restless Leg Syndrome, so relieving that congestion with vein treatments is often helpful.
To find our more about your Restless Leg Syndrome and Varicose Veins, call Calcagno & Rossi Vein Treatment Center in Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania at 717-791-2800.