According to the American Venous Forum, Chronic Venous Disease (CVD) refers to a variety of chronic conditions related to or caused by veins that become diseased or abnormal, which typically include:
- Aching, ugly varicose veins and unsightly spider veins
- Leg swelling
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Skin changes in your lower legs and ankles such as, pigmentation, red and brown staining, and leg ulcers
What Are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are dilated, thickened, elongated and/or twisted blood vessels that don’t control blood flow as they should.
In the most advanced cases, they may appear as large ropey or grape-like clusters under the skin. For others, they could appear as small spider veins and even appear thread-like or web-like.
Symptoms of varicose veins include:
- Painful legs
- Legs that easily tire or feel “heavy”
- Swelling in your legs
- Discoloration of your skin
- Itching or an irritated rash on your legs
- Restless legs, especially at night
- Blood clots
What Are Some Treatments For Varicose Veins?
There are several quick, in-office, minimally invasive procedures that Calcagno & Rossi Vein Treatment Center provides to treat varicose veins and spider veins. These include:
- VNUS Closure® Procedure (also known as The Venefit™ Procedure or radiofrequency ablation) –– Using a tiny catheter, Dr. David Calcagno or Dr. John Rossi, both double board-certified surgeons, delivers radiofrequency energy to your damaged vein wall. As the catheter is withdrawn, the vein wall is heated, causing the collagen in the wall to shrink and the vein to close. This procedure is used to treat larger varicose veins.
- Microphlebectomy –– When varicose veins are too large to treat with sclerotherapy, we may recommend this procedure which is a minimally invasive, in-office treatment that takes about an hour, requires little or no down time and leaves virtually no scars.
- VenaSeal Closure System –– Dr. Calcagno and Dr. Rossi are the first and only vascular surgeons in Central Pennsylvania to be trained on this procedure that uses a remarkable, proprietary adhesive to blue a damaged vein shut.
- Sclerotherapy for Spider Veins – One of our vein specialists injects the veins with a solution that causes them to close and the blood to be re-directed through healthier veins. It is useful for treating small and medium sized varicose veins.
How Do I Schedule An Appointment?
To schedule an appointment with a board-certified Calcagno & Rossi vein specialist, please call 855-501-3201 or schedule an appointment online at our Mechanicsburg office.
We look forward to discussing a treatment plan that’s right for your particular needs. Best of all, Calcagno & Rossi accepts most insurance plans and Medicare for most varicose vein procedures.